Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trust in the Lord

I was gifted with a disturbing news on January 5, 2009, officially the first day of work for the year. I would like to believe that i took the news calmly but inside I was a mass of tangled nerves. There are always risks in my line of work, and no matter how hard you try to ensure that your work is perfect, there are small cracks that allow laxity to creep in and eventually will shatter your perfect world.

This is a very hard lesson for me. One that I wish I would not have encountered but now that it is here, There is nothing I can do about except wait and see. This is something that is beyond my control.

I hold on to God's word - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippines 4:6-7 (NIV)

1 comment:

rain71 said...

God has answered my prayers, it would seem that the "threat" had passed. But the lesson it left is priceless... I am now more circumspect in my transactions, never taking anything for granted. Thank you Lord for that important lesson