for more years than i care to remember, i harbored hurt and resentment towards a high school teacher.
we were all quite while she ranted and raved ( i forgot about what), then my classmate JM whispered something to me and I told her to be quiet because I was afraid of MsC. unfortunately, MsC saw me and shouted her unforgettable words: "STOP FANNING YOURSELF, IT IS HOTTER IN HELL".
Her words burned to my mind.
Even after graduation and where I am now, her words still sting. I was so hurt by the unfairness of it all. Isn't it that I was only being a good student by asking my classmate not to talk to me?
I saw that she was my classmates' FB buddy but I did not take the step to befriend her.
A few weeks ago, she just appeared at my office. I was so taken aback and my first thought was that she needs my professional help. But my vanity was soon dashed when she said that she just happened to pass by and saw my name and just decided to say "hello". She wants nothing. I hugged her and then thanked the Lord for paving the way for this burden to be lifted. In His due time, my hurt was finally erased.
4 comments:
time heals old wounds...
I have always known you as a person with a soft heart- forgiving and kind :)
:)
Good to hear from u, MsRay aka labs :))
Post a Comment